The sun is feeling warmer, flowers are blooming, and that happy, spring feeling is creeping in. We all have our favorite seasons of the year… but I think we can all admit that once it starts to get warmer, it’s probably the best feeling ever!
Although the sun is shining brighter and warmer weather is upon us, sadly it is not a silver bullet for happiness! The quest for true happiness at a glance may seem overwhelming, but you’d be surprised at the big changes that come from the small and simple things. You can try one, you can try all of them—it’s up to you! But we have compiled TEN things that you can do to feel happier in the month of May (or all throughout the year), and they are proven to increase happiness in your life.
1. EXERCISE - We know this is not what you want to hear, and “what they all say” ;), but it’s TRUE! It has been scientifically proven that exercising more has a profound effect on our overall happiness, and is a common strategy for overcoming depression. Even just FIVE minutes a day can make a HUGE difference.
2. SLEEP - We don’t know about you, but we are definitely not as happy when we don’t get enough sleep. Sleep is the time for our bodies to get rejuvenated, repair from the day, and get ready for the next. And, well… we’re ALL about good sleep here at Beddy’s! ;)
We’re not even a little bit biased when we say that the best way to get better sleep is with Beddy’s. It’s cozier, warmer, AND easier than any other bedding you’ve tried before.
Our new spring line has us SWOONING and we just can’t get enough. Start having easier mornings with just a ZIP! You can shop our new spring line here, and ALL Beddys here.
3. QUALITY TIME WITH LOVED ONES - This one seems obvious, right? We know how crazy life can get, and with the hustle and bustle of the daily grind sometimes we forget to dedicate quality time to the people we love the most! It could be a spouse, kids, a high school best friend, neighbor, extended family, you name it! Taking time out of your busy schedule to spend more time with the people you love will certainly boost your mood and give you a nice break from the craziness we call life!
4. SMILE MORE - Sounds silly… we know. But it is proven that actually forcing yourself to smile can bring a boost in your mood and happiness level. We’d be lying if we said we haven’t tried it ;) and it works! It can actually reduce stress too—and who doesn’t need a stress reliever every now and then?!
5. SERVE - We can promise you that looking outside of yourself and helping others will make you happier! Volunteer, donate, offer an extra hand, hold the door for someone… it doesn’t always have to be financial or a huge commitment. We can choose to help someone every day, and it makes a bigger impact than you might realize.
6. TRAVEL - The adrenaline felt when planning a trip is out of this world! It boosts happiness levels immensely and gives you something to look forward to. Even if you plan it out a year or more in advance, just taking the time to think about vacationing and the fun ahead is bound to make you feel happier. If you’re having a down moment or need a boost, you can remind yourself of the trip!
7. MAKE A DIFFERENCE - Here at Beddy’s, we are so grateful for the love and support that we receive each day. Because of this support, we have the incredible opportunity to help others who may need it. A portion of our proceeds goes to Make A Wish, to grant wishes to special kids every single month! The amount of love and happiness that this partnership has brought us and all those involved is priceless! Making a difference doesn’t always have to be large-scale—utilizing YOUR talents and what you’ve been given in the pursuit of making the world a better place will give you a greater sense of purpose and fulfillment. "Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does." - William James
8. GET OUTSIDE - Now this is where the warmer weather comes in! ;) The sunshine will improve your mood and is SO relaxing. Go for a walk, plan a camping trip or s'mores night, or just take a long drive with the windows down! Pair this with spending more time with the people you love and you are SET! It’s the perfect combo.
9. MEDITATE - When thinking about meditation, it's typical to imagine an intense meditation session multiple times a week, learning how to meditate, taking courses, etc… But it really doesn’t have to be that complicated! Meditation can be as simple as going into a safe space and taking deep breaths. Focusing on the good, calming yourself down, and letting go of the bad! It can also be as simple as a quick google search on how to meditate ;) Really though: meditation allows the mind to learn how to reduce negative thoughts and emotions, and essentially trains you to manage stress.
10. GRATITUDE - We have come to realize that taking even just five minutes out of your day to write down what you’re grateful for from that day really puts things into perspective! It makes us see how blessed we are and is a great practice in being more optimistic. Try it out!
And that’s IT. It really is the small and simple things that have the greatest impact over time. It’s all about consistency! Nobody’s perfect, but if you need a mid-year pick-me-up, you always have this list to come back to ;)
Do you own a Beddy’s? We want to hear about it! We love hearing about your experience with Beddy’s and seeing the way you style them. Please feel free to send us an email or a direct message on our social channels. You can also show us how you style your room with Beddy's by posting a picture to YOUR social media tagging @beddys and using the hashtag #mybedzips to be entered into our monthly drawing for a $100 gift card to our website. Don’t have a Beddy’s yet but still want to enter? No problem! Use a picture from our website with the hashtag #thisbedzips for the same chance to win!
Follow our Instagram HERE and like our Facebook HERE to stay up to date on all things Beddy’s—and to make sure you never miss a sale! 😉 Oh, and make sure to sign up for our text and email list to be the first to know about new releases, awesome promotions, exclusive discounts and more.