Let's be honest: Sheets are important, and you feel them every time you lay your head down to rest. You spend at least 8 hours a day with your sheets, so you'll want to ensure they're comfortable, durable, and stylish.
We're here to assist if you need help figuring out where to begin! At Beddy's, we have a bed sheet buying guide so you can learn how to choose sheets that offer the coziest bedtime experience.
Let’s dive in.
Bed Sheet Buying Guide
There are four main things to consider when buying bed sheets: Material, thread count, size, and color.
- Silk: This sheet type is the perfect choice if you have dry skin or often wake up with frizzy hair. With luxurious, buttery smooth material, it feels like waking up in a 5-star hotel every morning!
- Flannel: Flannel sheets will be your go-to choice if you live in a colder climate area. With thick, warm, and cozy material, most are 100% cotton and offer a thicker top sheet during frosty weather.
- Sateen: As a 100% wrinkle-resistant cotton material, sateen has a smooth touch that makes it great for everyday sleep.
- Linen: Linen is a fiber derived from the flax plant. It's durable, absorbent, and lightweight, so this material is a great choice if you want a great summertime sheet.
- Cotton: Cotton is the most popular bed sheet material due to its versatility, comfort, and durability.
To put it simply, thread count refers to the number of threads in one square inch of fabric. The higher the thread count, the softer the feel.
This doesn’t mean you have to invest in the highest possible thread count. Many companies market high thread count sheets as luxury items, but you can find comfortable bed sheets with a lower thread count for half the price. Here is a list of common thread counts by material:
- Flannel: 150-200 count
- Silk: 200-600 count
- Sateen: 200-800 count
- Cotton: 200-400 count
- Linen: 80-140 count
Choosing the color of the sheets is part of the fun! Do you want sheets to match the color of your duvet or comforter, or are you looking for a vibrant pop of color? Perhaps desire a monotone daydream in your room. When choosing a sheet color, consider your decor and how you want your living space to look.
Your sheet size depends on your bed size. If you have a twin bed in a dorm room, invest in a set of dedicated twin sheets. If you are unsure, you can always match up the dimensions of the sheets with your mattress dimensions. It's also important to consider mattress depth. If you have a mattress topper, opt for a stretchy sheet material or a larger one to fit your bed.
Experience the Beddy's Difference
With an overwhelming level of choice, buying bed sheets is often a frustrating process. You have to choose a material, a thread count, and colors; figure out whether the sheets are machine washable or dry clean only; whether they'll breathe well, fit properly, and actually stay on the bed after a night of tossing and turning.
The good news is you don't have to suffer through all that if you don't want to (and we suspect you don't!) Why? Beddy's is here to take the pain out of buying bed sheets! Here are just some of the reasons why shopping at Beddy's is better than shopping for sheets:
More Than A Sheet Set
Stays In Place
Easy To Make
We design our bedding for a clean, tucked-in look, and after zipping it together, it looks like you have a professional, fitted comforter on every side.
Upgrade to Beddy's
Buying bed sheets can be challenging, and there's a ton you need to consider to ensure you have the best option for your bed. When you're ready to stop shopping for sheets, it's time to switch to Beddy's!
At Beddy's, our all-in-one solution features the most comfortable sheet material on the market. It's easy to slip onto your bed and is the perfect solution for all mattress sizes.
Start shopping today to experience the Beddy's difference.