Fun, Family Holiday Activities
The holiday season is such a magical time of year. A time for family and friends, traditions and turkey, making memories and much, much more. A time to get your kiddos off the couch, put down the phones, and enjoy the season! Here are some of the things we at Beddy's love to do to make memories without breaking the bank! 😜
- Make your own "Polar Express". Grab some pajamas, make some hot chocolate, turn on some music and drive around looking at all the Christmas lights. We love enjoying the passion of those whose homes are "dancing" with Christmas cheer.
- Gingerbread houses are always a must! Whether you make your own gingerbread, or buy the pre-made kits, decorating your own winter wonderland is fun for all ages and is sure to keep the whole family occupied for at least a couple of hours. It's the perfect thing to do on a cold snowy day!
- Have you ever actually caroled?! There truly is no better way to bring in Christmas cheer "than singing loud for all to hear". Especially for those who can't get out. Find out what your kids' favorite songs are and head over to a local nursing home or hospital. You will feel the real spirit of Christmas as you bring joy to others, all while avoiding the bitter cold!
- Delivering treats to your neighbors or a local fire station always adds a warm feeling to your holiday season. Not to mention, everyone loves homemade cookies or treats, but making them as a family adds the perfect touch, since they are made with love! ❤️ Our family sugar cookie recipe is always a favorite! They are so soft and oh so good!
1/2 cup butter-softened
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 1/4 cups flour
1/2 cup sour cream
Combine butter and sugar. Then mix in egg, vanilla, baking soda and salt. Mix well. Then add flour and sour cream.
Chill for at least 1 hour. Roll and cut in desired shapes. Bake on greased cookie sheet for 7-8 minutes at 375 degrees.
- When the weather outside is frightful, we of course love to snuggle up with a Beddy's Blanket! However, your kids will definitely each want their own Beddy's Blanket and with over 20 choices, you are sure to find one for every member of your family. Our Beddy's Blankets are game changers, they will seriously change your life. Beddy’s blankets are things dreams are made of, oh and will give you sweet dreams too! They are the perfect weight to keep you cozy, and are made of the softest 100% cotton. With a sateen exterior, fluffy cloud-like stuffing, and a plush minky interior, you will want to wrap up tight, so "all the way home you'll be warm." Grab a Beddy's Blanket and turn on one of your favorite Christmas movies (you can't go wrong with the classic Elf or A Christmas Story) and just enjoy a few hours relaxing with your loved ones!
- "Do you want to build a snowman?" If you are lucky enough to live somewhere where it snows, head outside and build a snowman, snow angels or have a snowball fight! Countless hours of fun!
- Christmas, it is the perfect time to go through all your kids' old toys, gather all of the old clothes they have out grown, and donate them. Your local thrift store, women's shelter or homeless shelter will always appreciate your generosity and your family will see what it means to give to those in need.
- If you are feeling brave, head to the mall to visit Santa! The pictures are worth it, especially when your kids are small. Those cute little faces when they sit on Santa's lap are priceless! In our home, we have framed all of the pictures since my kids were little and have them displayed during the holidays. It is so fun to remember old Christmas' and see how much our little family has grown.
- ROAK (Random Acts of Kindness) is a perfect way to teach your kids to think about others and to serve. A few fun ideas we have done in the past include going through the drive through and paying for the car behind you, shoveling the neighbors sidewalk, or writing notes for the garbage man or USPS driver to show them you appreciate their hard work!
- Last but not least is one of my favorites, which is to wrap up 25 different holiday books. Starting December 1st, have your kids pick one to unwrap each night until Christmas. Curl up next to them in their Beddy's Zipper Bedding and read the stories that bring holiday joy to your little gems. This is a great way to start the season off right and to help your little ones enjoy the magical season all month long. Be sure to end the night right by zipping them up in their soft and cozy Beddy's.
We love to hear and see how our customer's design their rooms with Beddy's, so feel free to send us an email and it could be featured on our Instagram page.
You can also show us how you style your room with Beddy's by posting a picture to your social media, tagging @beddysbeds
, and use the hashtag #mybedzips for a chance to win a $100 Beddy's gift card (we give away one every month)!
Also, make sure to sign up for our email list on our website to be the first to know about new releases, awesome promotions and more! And if you are in the U.S., you can sign up to receive our text messages and special discounts by texting ZIPMYBED to 888-111.
And finally, make sure to leave us a review if you love your Beddy's because each week, our team picks 5 reviews to reward with a special gift. The next one could be you!
Leave a comment